Sunday, April 21, 2013

Let's go back to the Beginning...

...I admit, I got a little excited about all the cobia and somehow forgot to post the First king for Panama City Beach this year, on April 6th..  Congratulate Eric Espinoza  when you see him!

He hooked up after letting us know that the water temp wasn't high enough yet for the kings we were hoping to hook...it was only about 67 degrees that day.  





On this rainy day, I had to go back and plead with a fisherman to pull back the tarp and let me photograph his Amazing pier cart...built from driftwood he found at Cape San Blas, with a few little ducks here and there {he's also a duck hunter}.   Someone please tell us his name...he'll be auctioning this pier cart off at an upcoming fundraiser for autism.   I wish I had the money to buy this piece of art!!  Gorgeous work.



First king for this young man.


I looked at this image and realized that cobia look a little like turbo cigs from this angle... OK, maybe super gigantic turbo cigs, but still...

Someone please tell me...is this a good place to gaff a huge fish?!  Or was it 'lucky' that it made it to the pier?


A Navarre local came to visit...and hooked up this cobia,  who was trying to eat Ms. Marilyn's spanish as she reeled it in.  Is that Normal?!  Should I try catching a cobia with a spanish maybe?!



Here's another method of cobia fishing I might need to explore...  or Not... LOL


I've really been wanting to do a pier Harlem Shake video... maybe the guys are practicing their moves...?



Another catch on Matt's jigs...



You know...as a photographer, I feel blessed to be surrounded by so many men who truly seem to enjoy having their picture taken :)




Another sort of strange day... the only cobia hooked up was lost at the gaff.  With a jig still implanted in it's jaw, it swam on the top for quite a while.  This event made pier history, as the fishermen actually pleaded two boats to come close and try to land the injured cobia.   But before they realized what the hollerin' was about, we think the dolphin may have found it...


Nice onnnneeee, David Mac!   And that's a Nice boat you got there, too, Shawn!   Glad you and Hunter made it down, Dave.  Good seeing y'all!


Whatever, Rafael...nothing has changed...just walk out, throw your old, nasty bait out there and catch fish.  Pfftttt.... so not fair.





Can you imagine the Hell the next generation of pier rats are going to catch when they try talking to Chris' baby girl!?!   She's soooo beautiful!!  Her and Lauren Cavitt will be off-limits, thank you!  Please warn the little boys now...these daddies will be watching y'all! :)


...I think the reason I haven't caught a king yet is because I'm too busy taking pictures of Rafael's fish.  No more pictures for you, Mister!!  LOL

And now, I have just a little favor to ask of y'all...  you see, I've been nominated for Best of the Bay photographer.  It's quite an honor to be nominated and I'm so proud!  But of course, the only way to make it to the top ten {or win the top honor} is to gather votes.

Uggghhhh...I hate these contests!!  I refuse to beg and pester people for votes, so I'll only do it this one time, I PROMISE.  If I make it to the top ten it would just tickle me to no end...and one day I can tell my {imaginary} grandchildren about it LOL

So if you have a minute, please click this link, scroll waaayyyy down to the People section, then to People: Photographers, then find "Ana Latoz Edwards" and click the little dot next to my name. Then, to complete the process, go to the very bottom of the page and "submit your vote" .

I have no idea who nominated me, but it had to be a Facebook friend, since they nominated me using my 'whole' name.  Thank you, whoever you are!! :)

http://pcnhhalifax.com/bestofbay/index-vote.php

Thanks!!  and See y'all soon!!


To view all the fishing pictures {from the beginning of my fishing obsession until one day when I just can't fish anymore...}, click or copy & paste this link: http://www.anaedwardsphotography.com/Landscapes-Nightscapesand/Fishing

Images are available to purchase without the signature by clicking the 'Buy' button, but you may right click and save images directly from this blog, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment